Houston Real Estate Appraisals During COVID-19 / Coronavirus
We're Committed to Keeping You Safe
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we’re staying up-to-date with the CDC and local updates, and responding in real time to keep you safe.
Services we currently offer:
- Desktop Appraisal – Due to the limited scope of work this as a “RESTRICTED APPRAISAL REPORT” and DOES NOT REQUIRE ENTRY to your home. (call for details)
- Consumer Appraisal – This is an “APPRAISAL REPORT” and MAY NOT REQUIRE ENTRY to your home. (depends on scope of work)
- Non-Lender Appraisal – This is an “APPRAISAL REPORT” for properties that require two or more APPROACHES to value completed on a GP Form. (general purpose)
- Lender Appraisal – This is an “APPRAISAL REPORT” for properties that require two or more APPROACHES to value completed on a 1004 form. (refi or purchase)
What we are doing:
- Appraisers are required to wash their hands regularly. Each Appraiser carries hand sanitizer to be applied before and after each site visit.
- Office members are working from home and the office is closed until May 1st.
- Vehicles are wiped daily with disinfectant wipes as part of our enhanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule.
- Maintaining a six feet distances between staff members and customers with no direct physical contact being permitted.
- Appraisers have been issued protective masks, gloves and shoe covers as an added pre-caution. Due to limited supply of PPE we are asking that customers to inform our staff members the level of protection they are comfortable with.
We need your help for the following:
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you contact us in advance to reschedule your appointment.
- Please secure all pets and make ALL ROOMS & BUILDINGS accessible to the appraiser.
- When the appraiser arrives, please keep a six foot distance between yourself and the appraiser.
- Please save all questions for the end of the site visit so the appraiser can concentrate on the property without interruption.
- If you have supporting documentation please provide a COPY to the appraiser during the site visit or email directly to the appraiser.
We're grateful for your support & cooperation, and we're looking forward to weathering this storm together!
LOWER FEES. FASTER TURN TIMES. BETTER REPORTS.
Reliable Property Appraisals for Realtors, Homeowners, Lenders & Industry Professionals
Property Tax Protest Methods
The property tax code in Texas allows homeowners to protest their taxes with two methods: Sales Comparable Analysis or Unequal Appraisal.
Sales Comparable Method – With this method homeowners present evidence to the ARB showing comparable homes that have sold at reduced prices. These comparable homes must be similar in size, amenities, acreage, year built, and within the same neighborhood. As of January 2010, foreclosures can be considered comparable properties as well.
Unequal Appraisal Method – With this method homeowners present evidence to the ARB showing comparable homes that are tax assessed at a value lower than others in the neighborhood. Again, these comparable homes must be similar in size, amenities, acreage, year built, and within the same neighborhood. The appraisal district will use these comparable to lower your assessed value to align with the lower tax assessed homes in your neighborhood.
Rising Tax Rates Around Houston
The decline in market values over the last few years forced taxing municipalities to raise property tax rates to offset the loss in revenue. In some case you’ll pay more in property taxes even if your property value stays unchanged. This is done by actually increasing the “Tax Rate” and unfortunately you have no control or recourse as an individual homeowner.
FAST & ACCURATE VALUES BY LICENSED HOME APPRAISERS NEAR YOU
Work With Houston's Leading Provider of Independent Real Estate Appraisal Services!
HOUSTON REAL PROPERTY APPRAISALS
As one of the best Texas appraisal companies, we perform over 1,000 property valuations in the Houston market every year. We offer appraisal services and reports for properties across the Greater Houston Metro area including the counties of Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria and Galveston as well as parts of Liberty and Chambers. Below are some of the markets within our service area. If your area is not listed, please call us and we will see if we can perform appraisals in your area.